Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Staff Impressions of CHD Health & Wellness


To date CHD Health & Wellness has enrolled approximately 120 enrollees. Regarding our program, one clinician had the following thoughts to share: “First of all, I think it’s brilliant to offer “whole care”; it just makes a lot of sense. When people come [to CHD], they are usually in high need. When I meet with people for an intake, I always ask if they have a primary care provider. When I can offer them primary care and wellness groups in addition to mental health services, they get really excited. And I think this approach helps retain clients; it keeps people more connected to their care; it provides a path for them to take care of themselves.”
 
Another staff member, a team coordinator at CHD, had similar comments about the integration program. "I think it is awesome. I give it two thumbs up! It is really fantastic to be able to bring clients here, clients who might otherwise experience a lot of anxiety around doctor's appointments due to crowded waiting rooms, and long wait times. There aren't wait times here and my clients are familiar with the building. This is so easy and really comfortable. I really like [the primary care provider], and I just think it is a great program."

No comments:

Post a Comment